Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perfecting great photos








I was lucky enough this past week to have the honour of making a beautiful page for one of our clients. It was intended as a gift, and I still feel very special to have been able to scrap it. It was a lovely photo, but once I started to work with it, that background- which is only slightly distracting on the image- became REALLy annoying.

So I decided to take it out.

It took quite a bit of work- there is only one way to remove backgrounds, and that is slowly with alot of patience. I used


a tutorial from Take Out Photo which was fantastic for getting things started. The end result looked like this:


I know this is not a fantastic looking picture- some of you would probably prefer the original. BUT this picture was not intended to be left looking so stark and boring, because then came the best bit: adding in the elements!

I made a mask to fit the photo and also erased and added in bits. All in all alot of fun at this part! The final print has a lovely dreamy feel, and the focus is completely on this couple celebrating their wedding.
Credits: Phuong Pton- Tropical Oasis; Natali word art overlays
A big thank you to Eliza for allowing me to share her print with you all here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful final page!!! I love your idea of taking out the background. Photoshop Elements 5 or higher has a magic extractor that could also help make the background removal easier.

    ReplyDelete