Sunday, January 10, 2010

day 6 photo



Proudly presenting my first layout proving my point about photography- it is never bad. It is simply all about perspective, and finding the stories beneath the image. One theme over-riding this entire project is that each image was captured by my son as he learnt how to take photos. However, as a general rule I am trying not to use that as proof that all photos have value. It is my 'get out of jail free' card!

Ted snapped this photo of me last week while we were eating dinner. Now, for the most part, this is not a great photo. The exposure is bad, the angle is quite noticably off, I am feeding my face... Most of us would not bother spending the 19c to get this printed. BUT with a little bit of editing, turning it black and white and adding some journalling, a very average photo becomes...
The journalling reads: You snapped this pic while playing with your camera at the end of the day. It was such a busy day with your Dad away, but I was so happy to be enjoying an evening meal with you and Josie. You captured an unguarded moment of simple joy.
I thoroughly enjoyed scrapping this page.
Credits are to
Line Designs: Angels world
Natali: All you need is love
Randi Oh: Annabelle Alpha.
The font used is called Honey Script and I found it at dafont.com

2 comments: